Lowensvlei Flower Farm Tour
Lowensvlei is a registered member of the Malmesbury Tourism Association.
Just 50kms from Cape Town, and only 1 km off the N7, Lowensvlei makes an interesting Agri-tourism destination where visitors can learn about various aspects of commercial fresh flower farming.
- a visit to the carnation greenhouse;
- a visit to the gerbera greenhouse;
- a walk around the fields to learn about commercial farming of Australian and South African Fynbos;
- a visit to the pump room to explain how the various plants are fed and irrigated;
- refreshments and discussion in the training centre;
- visiting the pack-shed to learn about the processes involved in exporting flowers;
- a demonstration of how to make a bouquet;
- looking at the range of other flowers in the pack-shed that are bought in from various parts of South Africa and demonstrating how they are dispatched to customers.
Tours are approximately two hours long and only take place from Monday to Friday.
The cost is R200 per person (includes refreshments) with a minimum charge of R2000 per group. Bookings are essential. Please contact 022 485 7058.